Transition On Hold.

So today was the first day of a new life and a new dietary habit. I had to carefully consider this. For starters, going to the grocery store once a week and only buying what will feed me for the week, then disposing of what I have that I will no longer eat. It was an adventure. I spent part of my gift card for Safeway on stuff I wouldn't spend with my own money, like fish oils, then onto FoodMaxx for my regular grocery shopping. I ended up spending more than I planned on it. Ultimately I think this will help my budget, but it will take some practice.

So, more salads, more potatoes, more water, more whole grains and more pomegranate juice (those aren't cheap), less salt, less meat, and almost zero fructose corn syrup. Man, that shit is in almost everything. It took me about 6 minutes to find bread that didn't have the shit...and I work at a bread plant! I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and even the jelly has the high fructose corn syrup. But what can I do? Lunch meat is processed food. So jelly is the fructose that I will deal with for now. Maybe next time when I go to the store I can find some jelly without it.

My new life is on delay for a second thanks to the Mother's Day BBQ my family threw yesterday. So much leftover food that had to go somewhere but the garbage. So I ended up taking a lot of it home to serve as my dinner for the next couple days. But I'm stocked and ready. Learning how to eat....all over again. Who knows, I might become a health food advocate. Not that people will listen. One thing about Americans: you can't tell us shit!

Comments

Popular Posts