Grateful over Successful

You ever notice how easy it is for people to forget where they come from?  How many people do you know in life who came from the shit to a place of confort and then just turned prick to those still in the shit? Sometimes the most arrogant joker is the one who started from nothing, yet has earned everything that they have gotten.  They say its best to surround yourself with successful people but if you ask me, I would rather meet a grateful person than a successful person.  Successful, ungrateful people are pricks, and are quick to let you know that they earned and deserve everything they have and because you don't have what they have then you must have fucked up, or must be fucked up. You wouldn't believe the prickery of "successful" yet ungrateful people.  I always say, show me a grateful person, and I'll call them a happy person. They accept what they have, are respectful in having, and show "honor and humility".  Maybe they feel that: "Its about time," but regardless of the time, they are grateful.  These are the most pleasant of people. They don't judge. They don't gloat. They just accept and instead of telling me where I went wrong, they tell me why I am blessed.  I am grateful for these people.  They motivate and inspire me.

Maybe the most successful are the most prickerish.. maybe that's the key. But then that beckons the ancient question: What does it profit a man to gain the world yet lose his soul?

Tomorrow's Video of the Week day and I have no idea what I'm gonna post up for yall.  Chances are it could be anything.  Then again, it always could be anything.

Comments

Popular Posts