One of my favorite meals.

I have a recipe here of a little dish that my girlfriend taught a few months ago. Its basically a simple fried noodles dish. I'm no chef, but I eat this rather regularly and now, here ya go.

Okay, in essence what you'll need to begin with is a boiling pot, a wok, and a cutting board. Now, laid out on the cutting board below are the foods you'll need: A couple chopped carrots, A chopped piece of Green Squash, about 1/3 of a whole yellow onion, 1 Beef Hot Link, and some mushrooms.

Now to start, I'll boil the Hot link in water, and while that's boiling I begin finely dicing the other ingredients on the cutting board. When the link is ready, then I'll dice that up too. In the end, it looks somewhat like below. From right to left: Mushrooms, Hot Link, Onion, Squash, Carrots.

Then I hook up my Top Ramen noodles.  Incidentally, I'll use the water I just boiled the hot link in.  There's a little of the flavor still in there and I like to boil the noodles in it.  Now I tend to boil two packs of noodles without the seasoning because I like to eat; but really this much can feed a couple people. Anyway, I'll begin removing the noodles with forks from the water as soon as they start to soften up because if they get too soft, then they're screwed.

So that's what I'm left with: A bowl of noodles, and a cutting board of, well, that! I make sure to take a knife and just run it through the noodles so that when its time for mixing, it doesn't get all tangled.

So now its time to mix it all up.  I got my favorite wok.  Put in just a little vegetable oil.  I spread it along, turn the heat up to high and then add the carrots in. I let that cook just by itself for about 30 seconds before I drop about two handfulls of crabmeat in. Displayed below. 

I sift the crabmeat and diced carrots around for about another 30 seconds and then I'll slide the diced squash in along with a nice good sprinkle of black pepper.  Mix it up fine for about 40 seconds and then add the onion.  After adding the onion and turning the heat down about a quarter of the way, its time for a little Sesame Oil, seen below.  I don't normally do measurements when I cook, I just go by feel, but I guess the sesame oil I add would be equivalent to about 2 tablespoons worth. 

I mix all that up real nice, turn down the heat to about halfway, then I dump in the meat and the mushrooms together.  Take the seasoning from the Ramen package, and dump that right on in after it, and then stir it all up real good. Lastly, in come the noodles. Mix all that up with a good stir, turn off the heat, and you have yourself a meal!

Angela likes to add Cilantro Herbs in the end for a little extra somethin'.  Those are great, but I hate picking that stuff so I don't bother. But you can do what you want with this.  The crab meat is my little thing.  You can use TOFU instead of the meat. There's a lot of little variations, but its good.  I enjoy this meal quite often.  Oh, and chasing it down with some Chinese Jasmine Tea helps settle the grease. Give it a shot.  Its pretty good!

Comments

  1. Looks great!! Very pro...maybe just needed that finishing sprinkle of Cilantro leaves..lol :P ..but all the same, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be hookin that up, real soon. Man that looks good. If I had all the ingrediants, I'd do it now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts