Get on with living!

So spring is upon us. Here in the Bay Area, that means pretty much the best weather anywhere, at anytime (Except for the definite suffering of the allergy season. Not to worry, though. I got my Zyrtec with me at all times!). As the sun goes up and these amazing days happen, I think about how I'm ready to jump outside and get it; ready to have a great time being somewhere or doing something. Yet most cases when I do go out I end up just strolling somewhere, cruising somewhere, but not really going anywhere.

I've thought quite a bit about my life since I returned to the Bay Area in 2007; and since I've been back, I gotta say, I have not been living. I looked around for the first time and I realized that I never took the time to just live and to just be. My life has always been objective based: always working to get somewhere, always working to do something (the irony, right?) but never really stopping to just embrace where I am, and what its like.

And now look at me. The past 2½ years my life have been dedicated to working. Get a job. Keep a job. Live that job; for its the way to meet your objective, which is to....well, succeed! But have I become so married to my objective that I have lost what it is to live? And mind you, I'm not talking about going out and partying or living on the proverbial edge. What I mean is much more simpler. I'm talking about embracing what is at this present moment. I'm talking about embracing simple, casual interactions with people, with nature, and with living without an objective; without a reason; without an end?

I think its time to 'get off the grind' and get on with living. I'll get up and go to work, as usual. Bills do need paying. However, I'm gonna have a little faith, and live and love. May the rest fall into place.

Comments

Popular Posts