Do You Make Yourself Clear?

What do you wanna do? What are you looking for? What do you want out of life?

One of the biggest holdbacks that I've had to encounter is simply me not being clear on what I intend to get out of life. Vagueness had often been my custom. If someone asked me what I wanted, I would be more inclined to give a vague generalization such as "Man, just to be happy and to live in peace." Well I think that's all of us. Its kind of like setting goals. Our constitution has, in a way, set forth that long term goal in life for which most, if not all of us can agree: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

I may want to go to LA, for example; But I can't drive to LA without understanding that I gotta get on 580 East before I get on I-5 (or 99) or take the long way; either ther 1, or the 101. Likewise I can't expect to achieve in life without some sort of roadmap. I'm learning that while its great to have an open mind and an inviting and accepting heart towards all of the things that happen, there's is plenty of room for goals and objectives. Its finding that balance where one isn't trying to script life to the T, but at the same time not living without purpose and conviction.

My idea: embrace every moment and the beauty there of. Accept where I am, accept what I feel. At the same time, be clear on my desires, pursue that which I love and desire, be specific about the direction and live with purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts