The Wrong One

The other night, you were with the Wrong guy
and at the exact same time, I was with the Wrong girl.
Now I'm sure that He's great, just like I know that She's great
But 'Great' doesn't mean 'Right'.
And He was Wrong, because he wasn't Me;
Just as She was Wrong, because she wasn't You.
Yet there I was, and there You were,
And now, here We are.
It was what it was and now is what it IS.
And that's important, because what was is not what IS.
Maybe You and I, who were once Right, are now Wrong.
And maybe She and He, who were once Wrong, are now Right.
Or maybe we're all wrong: You, He, She, Me.
Or maybe it doesn't matter.
Because maybe Right vs Wrong isn't the point here.
Maybe all that matters is what IS.
And what was is not what IS.
And maybe that's the only thing about all of this that IS Right.

Comments

Popular Posts