#BaqAgain

Well Well Well. 

Look who's back again. 

Well Marq, how long are you gonna stick around this time? Or are you gonna be back in those streets running around with the Tweets, Grams, and Snaps?? You think ol' Blogger is just always gonna be here for you to run home to whenever you get lonely out there?

"Why yes, that's exactly what you're gonna do!  You haven't left me yet, although I see that your URL has changed.  You brought the old 'blogspot' back to your name, but I'm alright with that.  In the end, you didn't deserve that money I was spending on you, so I let you take your original name back... blogspot.  Sounds good on ya!"

So, why am I posting?  It's been two and a half years since I hit up blogger again.  I've lost all of my audience, and of course, the coolness of the makingmymarq.com name which made it feel like my own website. But here's the short of it:

Yesterday, during a time of great heartbreak and high emotion, I posted a long instagram post talking about a loss in my love life.  Like all IG posts, I link it to my Facebook and Twitter so that what I post on  the 'Gram, shows up on those platforms as well.  Mostly, its cool because it's my photography.  Yesterday, though.  It was a full on essay!

Mom was the first to jump on me about this one.  She, for one, hates the idea of getting all personal on Facebook; and it's something that I almost never do.  Yet yesterday, and this whole week for example, there I was, culminated by Friday morning's soliloquy.  We talked this morning, and she helped me get my head out of my ass and keep this kind of thing off of Facebook.  And its not that there's anything wrong with it, but she knows, as I know, that it's not like me to do that, thus making it easy to see that there's perhaps something a bit off about me. 

And of course, there is.  2018 hasn't gotten off to the best of starts.  Car trouble, home trouble, job trouble, and love trouble have all smacked me in the face... and it ain't even March! But as my emotions stir, so does my talent for expression, and my mind and fingers will inevitably follow.

It had been two and half years since my last Blogger post, and I had forgotten about it.  Then today, while trying to open a locked email account on the computer, I thought about the last time my email was hacked, which led to a thought where I was at in life at that time, which led to a thought about Blogger.  And so I thought "There ya go!" That's where I need to go back to.  That's where I need to start getting out this - this emotion, this creativity, this mess of a mind.  Let's do it like I used to.  Sometimes, an essay.  Sometimes, a one liner.  Who the hell cares?  It's my shit anyway.  And so, just like that, here I am!

Almost no one will read this at the time that I publish it.  I have no readership anymore.  But I will gain them back, and when I do, they will scroll back and come to this.  So for you who are days, weeks, or months late, Heyyyyyyyyy!! And welcome to my chronicle of my relationship with life.  Here you'll see a lot of different shit.  If you read my archives, you'll see me at various stages in life, but this might be a bit more exciting now because I'm older, smarter, more experienced, more open, and give less of a damn.  If you're fam, or friends, BEWARE! It get's spicy in this space.  The brolic takes can fly, and I can already feel my fingers freeing up.

So here we go.... again. Let's see how committed I can remain to my writing wife.  Once again, Baq Again!

Comments

Popular Posts