Drawing Boundaries

Ok, so now that I'm back, it's time to make people 'claro' on something:

The time for the halfway friends, the people who sit on the fence, those who are indecisive about their place in my life, or my place in their's, is over.

We're not doing this anymore, guys and gals.  The truth is that I've let people get away with far too much with me in an effort to be understanding and respecting of people's agencies.  The result has been more than a few fence sitters, who've decided to be my friend only when it's cool, fun, or convenient to do so.

Again, we're not doing this anymore.

I'm 37 years fucking old now, and this is no longer ok.  I blame no one for this, not even myself because there's obviously been a time when this type of wishy-washy sentiment was ok.  But right now, in February 2018 and going forward?  No longer ok.  The dynamics have changed.

So it's gonna be 'Decision Time' for a few people in my life.  You can choose to be down with me or not, but YOU MUST let me know where you stand.  I need to know who I can count on, and who I can't.  Nothing personal, and definitely no shade.  It's just that there's no longer time for blurred lines. 

The boundaries are being redrawn. What side do you stand on?

Comments

Popular Posts