Evolution

Never let yourself get locked into a certain way of being. We can always grow.  We can always evolve.  We can always change.
As the earth and as all of nature evolves, so can we. 

One of the reasons why I believe that I caught writer's block - and an overall lack of being able to express myself and my feelings - is because I looked at other's being so good at these things that I though to myself that I'd never reach that level.  Faced with this real truth that I was never quite that good, I recoiled, and determined that this writing stuff, as well as this high level of self expression wasn't for me.   In truth it I stopped making the effort.  I stopped making the mistakes and stopped getting better as a result of those mistakes. 

I'm not a great writer, nor great at self-expression.  Trust me.  Read some of the blogs that I read, and I'm just talking about blogs.  I'm not talking about the real authors and journalists and everything else.  So my level is low.  But that doesn't matter.  I wanna be great, yes, but I know that the best way to get there is to keep writing, to keep expressing myself.  So much of life is about showing up.  If you fail, if you suck, don't slink your shoulders and accept eternal failure.  Don't accept eternal sucking.  It is an opportunity.

Show up the next day, and do a little better.  And even if it's only one word, one step, one shot, or one gesture better, show up again, and do a little better.  What you'll find is that you've developed the habit of putting in the effort to be your best.  Who knows where that'll get you in the end, but it is true what they say:  There is a special satisfaction in knowing that you're putting your best foot forward.  There is no finish line in life.  Only death.  So keep moving.  Keep learning.  Keep growing.  Keeping evolving.  Keep getting better.  It will serve you... and it will serve others.

Comments

Popular Posts