Take the Plunge

I've been kinda chill these last couple of weeks.  Life has hit a bit of a period of calm after a tumultuous start to 2018.  It's nice.  You know, it's not that I hate the tumults.  They can serve one well based on how they look at it, and I've certainly seen this challenging start to the year as a opportunity to grow, get better, and enjoy life (as well as myself) more.  Moreover, I'd like to think that I'm better prepared to handle the next tumultuous period when it comes, which as we know, can be right around the corner.
But this small period of calm has been nice.  Friends have been super good to me, and I hope I've returned the favor.  I've grown to appreciate the simple feeling of connecting a lot more than I have in the past by listening to stories or feeling someone's heart as they express themselves.  Or sharing in laughs, funny looks, or a favorite show.  It's all so simple; yet its all so amazing.
Two days ago, my friend reminded me to 'Take the Plunge'.  Jump into life, two footed, full immersion style.  I feel like it will become a mantra for me, and something you may hear from me a lot.  I remember when I got over my fear of being under water.  I just did it.  I plunged in, full immersion style.  When I came up, years and years of fear were gone.. just like that.  What took me years to do one time, literally took me seconds to do again another time... and another time... and another time.
It's not always about doing big things.  Sometimes, it's about the moment.  Taking the plunge means taking in all of the scenery and the scents and the feels of being on this balcony right now.  It means immersing into the moments when you're sitting across from a friend telling jokes or stories.  It means diving into that favorite song you're listening to, that you're kind of sick of, but remembering why you love it so much.
Immerse yourself into the day.  For me, that means housework.  I got a stack of mail that I've got to sort through, a basket of unfolded clothes, a sink full of dishes.  But if I'm going to take the plunge, then this would be a pretty nice place to start.

Comments

Popular Posts