Sunday Evening Thoughts

Gonna try something new.   Even though I don't have a convention schedule, Sunday evenings, like for most of us, still represent a sort of a winding down time and an opportunity to reflect on the weeks that past, as well as look ahead to the week ahead.  So what I'm gonna TRY and do here every Sunday night is simple post some quick thoughts about what's running through my head.  They'll be likely fragmented, unless I choose to elaborate, and mostly from the dome.  So, lets see how the inaugural edition of this goes:

 -It's weeks like these when I can fully appreciate the benefit of a good break.  But its hard not feeling guilty when I'm spending my time doing fuck all.  I've registered in my mind to never be bored, that there's always SOMETHING that needs to be done, which, in turn, leads to this perpetual feeling of unfinished business.  And while its true that a person's work is never done, it does do mind and body good to be able to take a short break and not feel like you're falling behind someway, somehow.

-Niggly injuries do find a way to catch up to you.  A little nick here, a little pull there, and the next thing you know, you're hurt all over.  My doctor once again stresses the importance of good rest.  I nod, and act like I'm going to put a greater commitment to rest.  Will I though? 4pm bedtimes? Really? Haha Yeah not in a million years! But I've gotta do something. I don't know what, but routines have got to change.

-What sucks worse that shredding papers?  I would love to lie and say that I'm asking for a friend, but I'm not.  This is wholly for me.  I have stacks, and I'd rather just pay someone to jam it into a fiery furnace!

-Place high importance on living in an area with access to things.  It makes a difference.  I'm reminded of that every day when I don't have to go across town to grab groceries or fill up my tank.  Its a nice.  Plus, being able to walk to places is great for fitness. 

-How many of us are out here creating our own reality? And how many of us are out here imitating that of someone else?  We live in a copycat world, but it doesn't have to be, and I've really taken interest in being a creator, versus following the beaten path.  I should also say that the new Adidas ad campaigns inspire this.  Shout out to marketing departments, but I'm still unlikely to buy your stuff.

-There are still very few things on this earth that rival, in value, being cared about.

-One thing that might rival the above, however, is truly connecting with another.  There's still no feeling like it.

-Doesn't football look good on TV? Preseason, please end!

Comments

Popular Posts