Ideally...

Putting smiles on people's faces and making people feel good about themselves is really the ultimate feeling.  I know a lot of people who like to put others down. I've been a part of that crew many times.  Ideally though, I'd be one of those people who owned a stand that sold smoothies or yogurt on hot days, hot cocoa on cold days.  People would stop by, have a chat, share a laugh, and walk away with a tasty beverage and a good feeling.  I'd charm the ladies, shoot the shit with the fellas, debate, and just engage with anybody who'd like to converse.  Its a lonely world, and human connections are underrated nowadays.  How important for some people to feel like they matter - if even for a few minutes?
I'd make people smile and laugh, allow them a moment to appreciate life in all of its beauty, chaos, and blandness, and perhaps, drop a bit a wisdom worth more than the couple of bucks it cost for that smoothie.
Then perhaps, after I shut down the stand, and came home for the day, I could replay some of the highlights and lowlights in my mind of the day's interactions, of the people I met, and of those who will come back tomorrow on their lunch break.  It would sure beat scrolling twitter feeds.
Or not, but it would be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts