Two Weeks From 30.

So now I am about two weeks from turning 30.  Yep, I'm staring it in the face. What does it mean?

Well in a general sense, it means absolutely nothing. In my own mind, it means everything.  For years I have ordained this time as one of major change. Save your criticisms of me for not starting where I stood, but my life strangely seems to have been carefully mapped out. Enough of the theoretical shit. 

My life has gone in stages. Starting from 10-20, the corruption of my being, the disharmony of my soul, the madness of my actions and attitudes. 

From 20-30. The rebuilding of a life, of a mindset, and of an attitude. Replenishing my soul.  Removing the corruption and clutter within. 

Although at 30, this process continues and will continue.  However now is high time for Marq to advance. The car is finished being built and is able to go so without further adieu, its go-time.

I will indeed be more open, engaging, and caring. The maturity of getting older matter not as much in understanding how the world works, though that is important.  More importantly, its about knowing how I work. 

We live in crazy times and so little of it can we individually control. In time, the knowledge that I have acquired is simply to master that which I can master, and waste no time on that which cannot be helped. That's life I guess. No special complications or philosophical bullshit to accompany that; yet another thing I learn as I get older: The intellectuals only fuck your head up with confusion more than they bring clarity (and then they got the nerve to claim its you who can't follow!). In any event, I gladly embrace turning 30. And for all of the talk that often comes with self growth, I think living is better. For I would rather live with the mastery and consciousness that I talk of having, and would rather talk of football film, and life with my brothers and sisters of the world. Big up to you all.

Comments

Popular Posts