No help. Sink or swim.

Just heard that the health care bill coming out of the senate is really really crappy. As a young man approaching 30, I really don't see anything that will benefit me, my family, or my coming business. The only thing I see is that I will be required to buy it at what I am sure will be quite a steep price.

Its nights like these when the light just goes on and the sense of urgency goes up. I told a colleague at work earlier that while I have love for my working class folks, working class just isn't where its at anymore. I mean, we are about to get squeezed to juice and I can't afford to expect any help, any lifelines, any type of assistance. Just last month I tried to file for unemployment to sustain me while my work hours continue to be decimated. I wasn't denied, but it appears the administration of these services leave much to be desired and I'm just not receiving the forms when I should.

My faltering work hours, difficulty in getting health care, and difficulty in getting unemployment to hold me over obviously make clear one thing: I'm gonna have to make my own way. I've never been one to ask for help, and I damn sure haven't complained when I have been denied help. All it does instead is drive me further than even I thought I could be driven to achieve my own successes and my own lifestyle. Sometimes you have to be pushed to a place where there is no option but rather to sink or swim. Lately I have been treading, but treading is hard work without never really going anywhere. Its high time to put my head down, understand sacrifice, hard but smart work, and the value of taking calculated risks for great accomplishment and great success.
While I am upset and unapproving of the general direction of this country and world, I do appreciate knowing ahead of time so that I know what I need to do. No room for further complaining. If they want me to pull up by the bootstraps and get moving, they got it!

-And if that's what ya gotta do, then do what ya gotta do!

Comments

Popular Posts