Lou's Wisdom

So I was watching halftime of the Oregon/Oregon St. game on Thursday, and ESPN has a segment called Dr. Lou, where former coach Lou Holtz gives out some wisdom. I found his last take interesting on the heels on my 'water' entry.

Lou's son, Skip, mentioned that he had never seen his father drink a glass of water and asked why that is? Lou's response was classic. He said he didn't drink water because it didn't taste good, and if he made it to taste good then it would be good for him! I loved that. He said he listens to his body and didn't understand people who said that they couldn't sleep. If you can't sleep, why are you lying down? Get up. If you're tired, why are you up? Go to sleep.

Really quite simple when you think about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink out of my water jug and then go to bed. I have work tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts