Exempt from a Valentine's World

I’m just gonna let my keyboard do the talking until I land on something worth talking about.

So hey, it is Valentine’s Day.  Its a day that’s never really meant too much to me.  Today will be no different, as I’m all but treating it like another day.  The cool thing is that, being single for the 4th consecutive year, I feel no obligation to do anything on Valentine’s Day.  Even if I were in a relationship, I’d be reluctant to adhere to the V-Day principle. 

Even so, I understand why its important to so many people.  We like to designate days for shit; and in that tradition, its only fitting that we designate a day for love and romance.  Lupercalia sounds about right. 

For me single people, though.  Try not to be so gloom about it.  While you won’t be getting wined and dined, and while you won’t be getting that good bedroom romp, that just makes it just like any other day.  I personally will be chillin’.  I have to work later on anyway.  So I’ll go to bed, wake up at midnight, when a whole lotta lovin’ will commence, and take my ass to work.  When I get off in the morning, it’ll be on to the next day.

Which doesn’t make a bit of difference in the world to me.

Comments

Popular Posts