Sick Day

Today I went to work a little sick. Well hey, I was going to call in until I slept the better part of 10 hours yesterday and ate a ton of citrus. Apparently, that was enough to fend off the illness and allow me to go into work without needing to use yet more sick days. But I wasn't completely at my 100% best and getting through the first few hours of the morning was a bit of a challenge. Knowing that I couldn't exert my full physical energy, I would need more focus in order to complete my job accurately and efficiently. Sure, I would let my thoughts wander, as always. Its kind of tough not to. But when you're sick, and struggling, you tend to want to let your thoughts wander to positive, more pleasurable things. When you're on limited energy, you definitely don't want to further zap your energy by thinking about how unfulfilled you are by your job; or by thoughts that after years, still haunt you. Sometimes, a person just doesn't have the energy to zap their energy. The result? Today was a relatively peaceful and productive day at work. Although 10 hours of sleep probably helped just a little bit..

Comments

Popular Posts