I'm Sick of Talking. Sick of the Noise

Really, guys. I'm tired of the noise. You know what the noise is? Its talking. Tired of talking about what I have done, what I need to do, and what I am doing. I'm tired of talking about this and that and he and she and you and me and everything else in between. I've become far too words-oriented and not enough action oriented. I've been talking way too fucking much; out loud, in my own head, on paper. I'm tired of articulating, explaining, defining.  I'm tired of misunderstandings, playing on words, interpretations, mixed messages, bullshit, bullshit, and more fuckin' bullshit!

Believe it or not, there was once a time when I was few on words. I was quiet, reserved, and I allowed my actions to do the talking. I was concise, clear and firm. Today, I'm nothing of the sort, except for the times when I am full of confidence and belief, when I'm not in my own head trying to analyze and explain every damn thing, and when I'm just flowing with life.

Even my blogs recently have been rambling monologues. I'm living in my head trying to explain away minute things with vain words after words instead of allowing the life-force and energy drive the passion behind my convictions, when my words merely supported that which was already seen with eyes, or felt in the heart of the listener. I've forgotten to connect with others via openness, listening, and engaging. My world is in my head; which means that my ego has secured the victories over me in the recent skirmishes we've had.

I have become intellectually adept while becoming spiritually and soulfully dishonest.

But its ok.

Where things will differ is that I'm going to start being good to myself. Ok, I see something that I don't like within. Being the dude in control, we're not going to trip; we're not going to look in the mirror and curse ourselves. Instead, its time to be real, look in the mirror, know what the deal is, and then hustle hard to get back. No beating oneself up, no wallowing in 'woe is me' self pity. We just pick up and move it right along.

So its ok... because I'll get it right.

Again I'm talking, but this time with purpose. Words + passion, energy, and action = a force of pure inspiration. Words by themselves = noise.

Comments

Popular Posts