Play To Your Strengths

You know one of the things that I’ve learned from being involved with sports all my life is the concept of ‘playing to your strengths’. Its the simple strategy of doing what you do best. All too often people try to be clever and maneuver their way to success all the while, ignoring the things that make them strong. Even more often than that, we listen to the pundits and experts who tell us what we should be good at and we chase that carrot all around the track trying to win it, even if it goes against our what we truly love and desire.

I can’t believe that the Universe has intended to make things that difficult. Just a personal belief. I believe that often we’re the one’s that make it difficult on ourselves. I’ve found that in 31 years of living, every challenge life has placed in front of me has been meant to bring me back to a much simpler place. You can’t place a premium on inner harmony, and when you pursue what you enjoy, and you revel in the challenges, the commitment, and eventually the accomplishment, life seems more like a playground than it does a minefield.

Play to your strengths! Do what you love if you can. You have something to offer this world. Turn everything off, listen to yourself. What do you do best? What do you enjoy the most? Take it, and offer it as a love offering to the world. I believe we’ll find life a little more rewarding.

Comments

Popular Posts