This Week Will Always Mean A Lot to Me

Though I was at one time, I would not now be what you would call a 'devout Christian'. That said, I cannot quantify the respect that I have for the week which commonly contains Palm Sunday, The Passover, The Days of Unleavened Bread, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday, otherwise known as Resurrection Day.

I consider it a blessing to have participated, at one point of another in my life, in just about all of these aforementioned 'Holy Days'. The Passover was highly, highly emotional. The Days of Unleavened bread were extremely symbolic and meaningful. Resurrection Day was always the celebration of victory.

This week was always a huge part of my life and family going back to when I was a kid hunting for the "Two Dollar Easter Egg". (A task which I was never successful at). Nowadays its my cousin's children doing the egg hunting and well, its not two dollars anymore (more like twenty).

Even though the week means heavy work toil, it accumulates in a Sunday afternoon with the family in a celebration of five generations. Good food, good fun, lots of love.

I suspect mines is not the only family to celebrate on this blessed day. Religious reasons or not, this week provided the reason for families across the country and across the world to get together and be at their very best. And really, is there anything better than people who love each other congregating in love for a special time at a special place?

Comments

Popular Posts